With over 2 billion users, WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging application on the planet, with support for Android, iOS and its web version and for computers.
With so many people exchanging messages, they too can switch phones, whether because they switched from Android to iOS or vice versa, because they bought a newer smartphone or for some other reason.
With the change of smartphone, it is normal to ask the question: how to restore all WhatsApp chats? The Meta application regularly prompts us to generate a backup copy with conversation information.
Loading this backup onto our new device will allow us to recover all the chats we had on the old device.so that we do not lose sight of what has been discussed with our friends, colleagues and family.
How to Restore All Chats on iOS
If you have an iPhone, the steps, shared by the Depor Play site, are as follows:
- Verify that an iCloud backup exists, by following the path: WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
- If you can see the latest copy, delete WhatsApp from the old phone and install the app on the new one.
- After verifying your phone number, follow the prompts to restore your chat history.
- Remember to sign in with the Apple ID you use to access iCloud and iCloud Drive must be enabled.
- Important fact: you should have enough free space on iCloud and iPhoneat least 2.05 times the space available in your iCloud account and on your phone compared to the actual size of the backup.
How to Restore All Chats on Android
In case you have an Android phone, regardless of brand or model, the steps are as follows:
- Make sure your device is linked to the Google Account where your backup was saved.
- Install and open WhatsApp, then verify your number.
- I touched “Restore” when prompted to restore your chats and media from Google Drive.
- When the restore process is complete, tap Next. Your chats will be displayed once initialization is complete.
- WhatsApp will continue to restore your media files after restoring your chats. If you install the app without any prior Google Drive backup, the app will be automatically restored from your local backup file.
#WhatsApp #restore #chats #Android #iOS